Sunday, September 30, 2012

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgegl-0.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


The title is just paste from my error while using gimp through my terminal. I tried to open gimp from start menu but nothing is happened. So I opened GIMP from my terminal and get the error

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgegl-0.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I got problem solved from ubuntu forum here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1975084

So, this is the solution for that error

open terminal and type

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

then type

sudo rm matthaeus123-mrw-gimp-svn-precise.list matthaeus123-mrw-gimp-svn-precise.list.save

Both commands are to remove old GIMP ppas. In the case, I use Ubuntu Precise Pangolin, so, the source list should directed to Pangolin repository. If you're use another version of Ubuntu or  another version of Linux, be carefull with the second command. You can change the precise word with another version of Ubuntu.

Ater that just reinstall GIMP

sudo apt-get remove gimp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge gimp libgegl* libbabl*
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get install gimp

Hope this can help your GIMP problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment